2021 Municipal Election Information
Preliminary election results will be available at the link above starting at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, November 2. Please check back periodically for updates.
The city of Vineyard, Utah will hold a Municipal General Election on November 2, 2021 for the following offices:
- Mayor – 4-year term
- 2 City Council Seats – 4-year term
Those elected to fill the open positions will take office on January 3, 2022.
This election will be conducted by mail through ranked choice voting. The candidate declaration period will run August 10 through August 17, 2021 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding Saturday and Sunday.
Candidates for Municipal Office must meet the following requirements:
- The person is a United States Citizen
- The person will be at least 18 years old by November 2, 2021
- The person is a registered voter in the municipality (Vineyard, Utah)
- The person has been a legal resident of the municipality for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately before November 2, 2021.
- The person must not be mentally incompetent, convicted of a felony, convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise, unless their right to hold elective office has been restored.
To file in person:
- Prospective candidates must file in person at the Election Office (City Recorder’s Office) at 125 South Main Street, Vineyard, Utah during the filing period.
Candidates must file in person unless:
- They will be out of the state or country during the entire declaration period. The candidate must send a representative with all of the forms filled out, signed, and notarized. The candidate must be available by video chat while their representative is in the Election Office.
- A nomination petition is filed. Contact the Election Office for details.
There is a $35.00 filing fee. The filing fee is due at the time of declaration.
Please do not wait until the last minute to file. The doors close promptly at 5:00 PM on August 17.
Declaration Packet - Click here to view a draft of the documents to be filled out in front of the City Recorder. Please do not bring them with you.
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES TO REMEMBER
No primary election will be held this year because the city has opted to run the election through ranked choice voting.
August 10-17: Declaration of Candidacy Filing Period
August 18-30: Anyone wishing to file as a write-in candidate can do so August 18-30, by 5:00 PM. Please contact
the Vineyard Elections Office at 801.226.1929 to make an appointment.
October 3: The last day a resident can establish residency and vote in the Vineyard 2021 General Election
October 11: Ballots will be mailed to registered voters. If you have not received your ballot by October 18, please contact the Utah County Elections Office at 801.851.8128. (Once received, ballots can be dropped in the ballot drop box located in the Vineyard City Office’s parking lot or at any ballot drop box in Utah County.)
October 27- Early voting period. Anyone who has not registered to vote may register to vote and vote during the early
November 1: voting period. At the Utah County Elections Office, 100 E. Center Street, Room 3100, Provo, Utah
October 22: The last day the county will accept voter registrations for the 2021 General Election. To register to vote online go to www.vote.utah.gov.
October 28: Last day to submit Military and Overseas voter registrations. Military and overseas voters please go to the following website for further information on registering and voting. https://voteinfo.utah.gov/military-and-overseas-voters/
November 1: The last day to mail your ballot. The ballot envelope must be postmarked on or before this date.
November 2: Election Day. Vote Centers will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. You may pick up a ballot or get election help at any Vote Center in the county.. Please check the Utah County website for locations. Vineyard will have a ballot drop box open until 8:00 pm on Election Day but will not have a Vote Center location at this time.
November 16: Canvass and Certification of election results
January 3, 2022: Newly-elected Mayor and Councilmembers are sworn in and take office.